staying organized

Monday, June 18, 2018

Last year, my other half had to assume a big chunk of the responsibilities in our home. He stepped up to the challenge without hesitation. After my infusions, I couldn’t be around anyone for two days, so that meant responsibilities were delegated. After a few schedule mishaps, he was adamant that my beloved Lilly Pulitzer calendar wasn't working. We had this horrible antiquated system, where I had a paper calendar that I carried around with me, a dry erase calendar for the home for everyone to stay on track, and lastly, my google calendar that received an update on occasion, when I remembered...


My other half rigged up an old monitor, a raspberry pi and a monitor and we purchased a subscription to DAKboard. The wonderful thing that DAKboard has afforded us is on the go availability and flexibility.  I can quickly see my google calendar when I am out and about, my kids are also able to see our family calendar from our command center, or on their devices. It has quickly eliminated the
"what's going on this evening" or the "am I free?" questions we often had. I can add multiple google calender's (such as our county school system, children's sports, etc) use different colors to distinguish between the calendars and family members, and we all stay organized! I can easily share our calendar or events with people that might need access to it quickly such as family, friends and sitters.

I had an easy time transitioning, even though I was hesitant since it was so easy to add calendars (you can use different platforms, not just google) and you don't have to add events through DAKboard's website, you continue to use your calendar as you regularly would, it's a one time set up. We currently have our board set to google calendar and weather. The calendar updates within 15 minutes from changes that are made, and we haven't changed the photo backgrounds, as we enjoy most of the backgrounds that come with the subscription, and I can't think of another background I'd like more, although that may change.

DAKboard in our home


I also think it's important to note that we've been avid users of DAKboard for over a year, and I couldn't be more pleased.  If you aren't super tech-y either, they have a kit you can purchase for $300, that comes with everything you'd need to get started.

Long story short, if you're looking for a non-technical, non-sponsored review of DAKboard, you've found it.


A random note: my middle daughter (s, 4.5) was musing in the car about noses, and how sad it would be if didn't have noses, because you couldn't smell. We talked a bit about smells, and when I asked her what her favorite smell was, she quickly answered with "HOT DOGS!!!"

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!