Chemotherapy

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

On Thursday, which happened to be my other half’s birthday (poor guy) I had a portacath, also known as a port, installed. For me, I believe I mentioned this earlier, it was a non-negotiable. I've had instances in the past with blood draws that made me think I might not be a good candidate for iv infusions. I had a late procedure, which is the worst time to have surgery for a few reasons. For starters, you're starving all day and secondly, you have lots of time to think about the surgery. When you have extra time to yourself, all types of thoughts enter your mind. Thoughts that make you want to change your mind. This was supposed to be a simple 90 minute procedure, but in my scenario it took 3 hours. By the end, I was exhausted and thankful to go home and rest.

I was able to use the port on Friday for my first chemotherapy treatment/session.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!